Opening Valentina v1.11 in Revolution

David Vaughan dvk at dvkconsult.com.au
Sat Dec 17 13:57:55 CST 2005

Hello, a simple starter question.

I am developing a comparatively small database in the sense that the
data volume will not be huge, although it will comprise around 12-14
tables. I have started using SQLite but thought I would compare using
Valentina. However, this is proving less convenient because so far
Valentina will not run!

I can open Valentina from RunRev using the Valentina XCMD but not
using <revOpenDatabase>, which looks like this:

get revOpenDatabase("Valentina","",DBpath,,,,valentinaSerial,"")

DBpath and valentinaSerial are set in the exactly same manner as in
the successful XCMD method.
The Rev function returns "invalid database type".

I have VXCMD_Macho_MC in the main Revolution folder, based on what I
have read in the RunRev archives. Its location is /Applications/
Revolution 2.6.1/VXCMD_Macho_MC
I have set the externals of the stack to that path and verified that
the property is set correctly after a closing and re-opening the stack.

Is that correct? Is there another step I am missing?

The platform is Max OS X 10.4.3

thanks
David