Case insensitive LIKE search

Frank Schima macsforever2000 at goodeast.com
Wed Dec 14 11:14:46 CST 2005

On Dec 14, 2005, at 10:59 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

>>> But if you have assign or db Strength to be Primary,
>>> then LIKE respect this of course!
>>>

>> Hm, I have my db set to
>>
>> CollationAttribute(EVColAttribute.kStrength) =
>> EVColAttributeValue.kSecondary
>
>> But LIKE searches are still case sensitive
>
> Ivan, can you clarify ?
>
> I believe we have solve this 3 months ago.
>
>> (I have to surround the
>> text with % to get case *insensitive* searches).
>
> Hmm. % -- this is wild card symbol. It not affect sensitivity.

Guys, it works fine for me. My database has Secondary collation and
my LIKE searches are indeed not case sensitive both with and without
the wild card (%) symbol.

Using V4RB 2.1b13 but it has worked since at least 2.0.5.

Best regards,
Frank Schima

I'm currently job hunting:
<http://homepage.mac.com/macsforever2000/resume.html>