[V4RB] Vcomponents in package. Solution ? - YES !!!

jda jda at his.com
Tue Dec 13 11:11:12 CST 2005

>On 12/13/05 5:59 PM, "jda" <jda at his.com> wrote:
>
>>>  Thanks to Thomas Reed for writing such a valuable tool :)
>>>  It is really great and it comes with sources as well (RB Project) so
>>>  anybody can customize it for its own needs.
>>>

>>  I tried this with my app, and it worked, too. Magic! Thanks, Stan.
>>
>>  But Ruslan, it still looks like Valentina defaults to the VComponents
>>  folder, not the individual elements in the bundle. There is still the
>>  problem, then, of conflicts when users have older (or newer) versions
>>  of Valentina installed in CFMSupport. Can this be fixed (Mantis
>>  #1090).
>
>How you can see this ?

Something of a guess but:

1. Make the bundle.
2. It works.
3. Remove one of the Valentina files from the bundle.
4. Still works!
5. Remove the same file from VComponents (now missing in BOTH bundle
and VComponents).
6. Doesn't run any more.

This is exactly the same behavior I found before with a regular
folder (not a bundle) -- Valentina uses VComponents in CFMSupport IF
PRESENT, and only uses the files in the same folder as the app if
they are not found there.

Jon