Efficient use of text-containing field

jda jda at his.com
Tue Dec 6 10:02:44 CST 2005

>  > As for the sortmethod, this is unavoidable in Valentina if I need to
>>  sort by this field. I have suggested in the past that Valentina
>>  default to sort by entire field if the field is indexedbywords. That
>>  would mean I could get rid of about 30 sort methods!
>
>There is no way to sort BY INDEX which is by words.
>
>So choices will be
>
>A) do not indexed sorting. slowest
>     can be acceptable only if you have small selection of records.
>     and more overhead here
>
>B) ... Still have some index ...

I'm sorry, but I want to  make sure I understand.

Can I do a non-method sort on fields that are indexedByWords? My
understanding is that this is not possible (at ANY speed). That is
why I use a sort method. If it *is* possible to sort an
indexedByWords field (again, speed is not an issue for me), please
tell me how.

Thanks,

Jon