FIXED: [V4MD] Null value from SQL query

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Aug 31 14:28:18 CDT 2005

On 8/31/05 2:21 PM, "info at vallemediatime.com" <info at vallemediatime.com>
wrote:

>> FIXED
> Ok
>
> But now I'm locked in both API and SQL way...
> in API  I can't get RecID... look at Mantis #0000905 and in SQL I get <Null>
> value
> After some months I can't undestand if Director can works more fast in API
> or SQL for show field value in grid result.

> You tell me that API is more fast, but I can't see and confirm this to you.

Let me clarify:

I say:

    some task faster in API way
    some I the SQL way.

For example do JOIN or GROUP BY in API way is nightmare.

> For now I always see that, for retrieving field value in result grid, SQL is
> always more fast.

Right, especially if you select in cursor few fields.

This is pointed in docs. This is feature.

Future we want add this behavior to API - Vtable class also

> I hope that you can fix the #0000905 issue also, after I can choose the
> better way.

For GetRecord() recid ?

I do not see nice solution. This is why we do not touch this issue.

We cannot just add RecID field, because then this will break existed code of
other develoeprs.