REINDEX

Andrew Sinning andrew at learningware.com
Mon Aug 29 09:33:06 CDT 2005

How often should I be calling REINDEX DATABASE or REINDEX TABLE?  What
exactly does this do?

I've been having some db corruption problems, which I have finally
traced to a "DELETE" query.  There's no precise pattern to this
corruption, but once I can identify a set of steps that result in the
corruption, I can reproduce the corruption every time.

Anyway, I have added a "REINDEX TABLE tblName" statement after the
ofending DELETE query, and this has solved the problem.  This makes me
think that I should be calling REINDEX after all of my DELETE queries,
and probably after any UPDATE queries, too.  What do you recommend?