vserver on W98

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Aug 24 19:50:58 CDT 2005

On 8/24/05 6:08 PM, "Heinrich Ruoff" <heinrichruoff at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Ruslan
>
> I'm really not the only one who is still using win 98 :-)

I understand.

But please take into account that win98 is quite old technically.
For example it do not have services.

For Vserver 1.x based on Valentina 1.x engine,

    btw which you still can download and use from our site
    as well as clients 1.x which can talk to this 1.x server.

So for this server Igor have made special separate build which was inside of
installer. Right now we just do not want spend efforts to support so old
platform as win98.

We see very low percent of its uses and requests for it.
Well, now only 2 developers have talk about win98,
    Henry about V4MD on win98
    Bert about Vserver...

Also problem is that we few years use VNET...
Igor on some project have see at least once that VNET build do not work on
win98, while the same code built by Visual 6 C++ do work.

In other words problems can come from Microsoft itself.