V4MD port to OSX Trouble

Andrew Sinning andrew at learningware.com
Wed Aug 17 13:45:14 CDT 2005

On 8/17/05 9:07 PM, "Andrew Sinning" <andrew at learningware.com> wrote:

> If I dump as XML, VC does not crash, but when I then try to Load the
> XML, VC crashes.

I did some more testing under Windows.  This is very peculiar.  It seems
that as far as V4MD Windows, the database is just fine, but Valentina
Studio for Windows cannot dump and then load the data from this database.

Within Director, I can dump the data to xml, and then load this dump
into a new database.  No Errors.

If I try to do the same thing within VStudio, when I go to load the dump
(either the dump made by V4MD or a new dump made by VStudio), then
VStudio crashes.

I am now going to see if V4MD Macintosh can load the dump created by
V4MD Windows.  If so, then this will solve my problems, for now.

I am really starting to regret using Valentina.  I've always been really
impressed with the level of support, and the speed of the product is
fantastic, but these ERRORS are driving me crazy!!!!  I have built into
my V4MD object extensive error checking.  Every single query, update,
add, etc. is checked with ValentinaErrorString(), and I always get "No
Error".  So why now am I getting errors in Valentina Studio and
Valentina Carbon?