SQL request and speed ?

Thierry NAUZE ohmitou at wanadoo.fr
Tue Aug 16 09:25:24 CDT 2005

Hello,

I have two versions of my program : the first with a database
Valentina 2 and the other one with a database RealSQL.
The base contain the same data.

The SQL requests  are the same and their treatment also, at some
details near (res=curseur.NextRecord / curseur.NoveNext, curseur.Field
(1) / curseur.idxField(1) ...).

To display a list of 13300 lines extracted from the base with this
request:
"SELECT id,nom,prenoms FROM individus WHERE id>0 AND byteLibre=1
ORDER BY nom,prenoms"

RealSQL works in about 3 seconds and ... Valentina about  in 30
seconds: 10 times more !!!

For information : a test on another version of the program with
Valentina 1 works in about 7 seconds.

Can one hope for an improvement there?

Regards,

--
Thierry NAUZE        Saint-Denis de la Réunion