V4RB2 bug 648 -> REALBASIC BUG

Olivier vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr
Wed Apr 27 12:35:42 CDT 2005

> No, all you have to do is import a file without unique field
> violations but for RB to throw an exception (such as assigning a value
> to an array with an index value that is out of bounds) with each
> imported record, catch it, and continue. Then ask, how much did the
> exception slow down the import.

OK, thank you very much, Jon for this advice.

Then, I made effectively this test... it is effectively Realbasic who
has a bug.. Pfffff...

In a loop I attribute a string to an array of 500 000 variables,
realbasic puts 20 ticks to make the operation.
11 ticks with #pragma disableBackgroundTask.

However now I makes the same thing but by putting a block "Try" on the
last 1000 passages of the loop (and with 1000 errors),
The operation puts 6333 ticks...  6325 ticks with the pragma...
If I puts the block " try " but that there is NO error on 1000 passages
of the loop:  21 ticks...

I am going to send a message on the RB' list.
It is  bad  because I think of RS will not correct the bug before
months...

olivier