V4RB2 bug 648, new system of catch error

jda jda at his.com
Mon Apr 25 07:33:29 CDT 2005

>  > This bug is important and slows down ENORMOUSLY all the operations of
>>  Valentina as soon as an exception (an error, a doubloon...) is caught.
>>
>>  We do not know if it is the system of error of Realbasic that is the
>>  cause or if it is a problem of Valentina.
>>  Does anybody know enough the database of Realbasic to make a small test?
>
>What you mean Oliver ?
>You ask test this with native RB engine ???
>
>But RB engine is not able throw exceptions.

No, all you have to do is import a file without unique field
violations but for RB to throw an exception (such as assigning a
value to an array with an index value that is out of bounds) with
each imported record, catch it, and continue. Then ask, how much did
the exception slow down the import.

Jon