[V4RB2] Creating fields in an existing database

Kem Tekinay ktekinay at mactechnologies.com
Tue Apr 19 11:16:06 CDT 2005

On 4/19/05 11:03 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin at sunshine at public.kherson.ua wrote:

> Everything is not so simple.

I guessed that.

> What to do if you have REMOVE field?
> Remove field from db ?

I'd say ignore it. NOT addressing a field that exists does not generate an
error. It should be up to the programmer to remove that field.

On the other hand, other than a mistake, there is only one reason to address
a field that does not exist in the class-way, and that is because you want
that field.

But I understand that there are technical challenges. Should I put this in
as a feature request in Mantis, or has that been done?