[V4RB2] Creating fields in an existing database

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Apr 19 18:03:00 CDT 2005

On 4/19/05 5:26 PM, "Kem Tekinay" <ktekinay at mactechnologies.com> wrote:

> On 4/19/05 2:26 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin at sunshine at public.kherson.ua wrote:
>
>> Note, after you have change schema for your app, which you already
>> distribute to users, you should also Increment db.SchemaVersion
>
> All understood. Thanks.
>
> Ruslan, would it be hard or impractical to have the VField constructor
> create the field if it doesn't exist? This would make things much simpler
> and would be a fine selling point for Valentina too. It would also be in
> keeping with the class-way of doing things.

Auto-change of structure we have discuss few times...

Everything is not so simple.

What to do if you have REMOVE field?
Remove field from db ?

In fact we have add Table.ID and Field.ID think about such tasks!
Because now we have ability to see what fields was added, what removed, and
what changed.

But it needs yet do some work I think ...