[V4RB2] Creating fields in an existing database

Kem Tekinay ktekinay at mactechnologies.com
Mon Apr 18 23:45:52 CDT 2005

I think I am starting to understand how the class-way works. When you define
the properties in the classes, the additional flags, etc., only matter if
the database is created at the outset. If you are opening an existing
database, the properties only have to match existing tables and fields.
Things like "EVFlag.fIndexed" don't matter. And if the fields don't match,
an error is generated.

So if I want to modify the structure of an existing database, I have to put
in code to add that field using API methods before I open the database using
the class-way.

Am I right? If not, what is the right way to add a field to an existing
database in V4RB2?