[V4MD2] ObjectPtr in thirdTable: example request

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Apr 9 19:03:30 CDT 2005

On 4/9/05 6:48 PM, "info at vallemediatime.com" <info at vallemediatime.com>
wrote:

Hi Paolo,

> Hi Ruslan and Igor
> I look for make example to prevent that a Phones comes assigned to the same
> person...
> I think that I must do a third table... right?

right

> PERSON
> 1  Ruslan
> 2  Igor
> 3  somebody
>
> PHONES
> 1  11111
> 2  22222
> 3  xyz
>
> PERSON_PHONES
> 1 PersonPtr   -- is a virtual value?
                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ why? No. Regular ObjectPtr
> 2 PhonesPtr
> 3 Person+Phones (CONCATE...) ???

I see.

You can make third field as

    person_phones of ULLONG type, unique
        as method  (PersonPtr << 32) + PhonesPtr

> How I can assign the PersonPtr and PhonesPtr from a GUI menu?

GUI of what ?

> If I delete one person I must delete his Phone and Ive undestand that I must
> use (cascade deletion, etc.), right?

You can set CASCADE for PersonePtr. But this will force deletion of records
for PERSON_PHONES only.

Records of Phone table cannot be forced to be deleted, because PhonesPtr
point as M to 1.

WOW. We have discover another advantage of BIANRY LINK !
Binary link can do M : M and can kill phone records.

Paolo, do you want to study this new feature of 2.0 ?
Then check our examples about binary link, and read docs about it

Using binary link you just DO NOT need third table.

WOW2: guys, this bring us to new parameter of BinaryLink:

                allow duplicate pairs.