[V4RB2] Time trials vs. MySQL

Claudius Sailer Claudius at sailer-online.de
Thu Apr 7 21:57:20 CDT 2005

Hi,

Am 07. Apr 2005 um 20:50 Uhr schrieb Kem Tekinay:

> I know I am new to the party, but I've just been blown away by
> Valentina's
> speed, so I thought I'd share.
>
> I've been doing some comparisons, and last night I decided to tackle
> MySQL.
> Mind you, I've never dealt with MySQL before and there could be many
> optimizations that I am missing. Suggestions are welcome.
>
> These test were run using Valentina for RB 2.01 with the class-way
> using the
> IDE, and MySQL 4.0.21 from the command line. Valentina times are a
> result of
> my own code while MySQL is as reported on the command line.
>
> The test database has 7 fields, and the fields used here are indexed.
> There
> are 168,768 rows which is the result of about 42,000 U.S. zip codes
> imported
> 4 times. Since MySQL does searching and sorting in one command, I had
> combine the search and sort times where relevant in Valentina.
>
> The test machine is a PowerMac G5 dual-2.5 GHz with quite a few other
> apps
> running in the background.
>
> What I found is that Valentina is frightening fast, and certainly
> faster
> than MySQL, except when it comes to LIKE searches. I'm guessing those
> will
> improve as the new release is optimized.

V4RB is really fast, but with 2.0.1 it is in my tests slower as 1.10.
SQL to fill cursor takes between 2-3sec in 1.10 it was 0,5sec
Reading from Cursor and filling listbox takes between 1,8-2,9sec in
1.10 it takes maximum 1sec.

I know 2.0.1 is not optimized (when I understood Ruslan correct) and
there will be a lot of work to do so I know they make a really good job
and so V4RB2 will be faster or as fast as 1.10 and this was also faster
as MySQL.

So I think you will have in future Valentina versions also some more
speed benefits

bye

Claudius