Import ascii Problem V4MD 1.11 continued

Roland Hildebrandt r.hildebrandt at sbt.fr
Thu Sep 30 12:18:22 CDT 2004

> I'm still working on our problems with importascii hope this will help to
> make this function bulletproof.

Hi all,

V4MD 1.11, Director 8.51 Windows XP

New problem is (I send test project off list) INSERT INTO inserts not the
right value (I
think NULL) in a text field longer than 256 of crypted DB if you have used
importascii on this table before.
The INSERT works fine when :
* you use non crypted DB
* you use varchar (but you have the problem of the import as i told before)
* you use text field shorter than 257
* you don't used importascii on this table before

In addition to last problem this is quite bad as :
This means you can't create a crypted DB with data imported via importascii
with a field longer than 508 if you wan't to insert lines during project in
this table.
In fact
* if you use varchar >508 the import fails.
* if you use text >256 you can't do any insert.

So I don't see any workaround except using a loop of INSERT in place of
importascii which is really to slow when you have to generate several times
a day DBs mades of more than 50000 lines during project start.

Any other ideas of workaround ?
Our source data is in on a SQLserver DB. The structures and data is send to
us by asp pages.

Best regards
Roland Hildebrandt