Import ascii Problem V4MD 1.11 continued

Roland Hildebrandt r.hildebrandt at sbt.fr
Thu Sep 30 11:27:05 CDT 2004

Hi all,

V4MD 1.11 (same 1.10 1.9.8) director 8.51 windows XP.
I have send test project off list.
I get in another problem with importascii :

Importascii fails on crypted DB if there a varchar field longer as 508 in
table.
The import works fine :
* if varchar fields are shorter than 509
* if the DB isn't crypted
* if you replace varchar fields by text fields of same length.

This is quite blocking as we allways use for our projects :
* crypted DB
* importascii for our Data imported from SQL serveur trough asp pages
* varchar > 508 are quite frequent in our DB

I'm still working on our problems with importascii hope this will help to
make this function bulletproof.

Best regards
Roland Hildebrandt