How to track down doubloons in valentina ?

olivier vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr
Wed Sep 29 20:17:04 CDT 2004

Hi Ruslan,

> It looks to be very hard for execution.
> It needs to compare each row with each row AFTER it.
> If you have 100K records, then you get 50K * 100K comparisons...if I
> count
> correctly.

It is a big problem.
Effectively it asks for many resources.
It is for it that I hoped that this type of function shall be optimized
in Valentina.
I am amazed. It is all the same one of the main purposes of a database
to verify doubloons and to compare a recording with the other
recordings of the base ?

> I wonder, does Oracle do this query much longer than other queries ?

I do not know! I saw that in a book...

> I think you need or write some own smart alg
> May be do some data prepare to optimize this task.

I am going to think about it.
I hope that I am going to find a solution otherwise my program is
damned!
I have already tried the basic method: a realbasic loop. it is slow,
far too much slow.
I am going to try to find a solution.
You see a solution?

olivier