How to track down doubloons in valentina ?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Sep 29 19:04:08 CDT 2004

On 9/29/04 4:45 PM, "olivier" <vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> valentina 1.90 RB 5.5.3 os X 3.3
>
> Hi Ruslan and list,
>
> How to track down doubloons in Valentina?
> For example in an address book, we sometimes have several records for
> the same person/society :
>
> e.g.
> - record 100 : field name : "PARADIGMA SOFTWARE"
> - record 9134 : field name :"SOCIETY PARADIGMA"
> - record 9877 : field name : "RUSLAN PARADIGMA SOFT."
>
> The following request SQL does not work in Valentina.
> How can it be done? (without passing by an enormous loop in RB)
>
> SELECT * FROM address t1, address t2 WHERE t1.name LIKE t2.name AND
> t1.recid<>t2.recid
>
> (in Oracle : SELECT * FROM address T1 JOIN address T2 ON (T1.name LIKE
> '%'+T2.name+'%' AND T1.rowId<>T2.rowId))

Interesting query, Oliver.
I am afraid Valentina cannot resolve such query.

It looks to be very hard for execution.
It needs to compare each row with each row AFTER it.
If you have 100K records, then you get 50K * 100K comparisons...if I count
correctly.

I wonder, does Oracle do this query much longer than other queries ?

I think you need or write some own smart alg
May be do some data prepare to optimize this task.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com