[V4MD] 1.11 Carbon bug?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Sep 26 20:31:40 CDT 2004

On 9/26/04 8:23 PM, "Daniel Crowder" <daniel at monumental-i.com> wrote:

Hi Daniel,

> I don't understand. I'm not using a server at all.

I know. But rules are the same.

You also not use client. So this not wonder you? :-)

Just specify NOT clientSode but serverSide

> If I want to update all records of a query in v4md using a local
> database I would use:
> set dbCursor = new( xtra "VCursor", GetRef(p_DB.db),query,#serverSide,
> #ReadWrite)

Wait!

#serverSide, #ReadWrite -- this will not work/

We have made support of symbols in the V4MD 2.0

In 1.x you need self simply create variables

    kclientside = 1
    kServerside = 2

And later use them to make your code more readable.

> I may be making a fundamental mistake in how I am creating a cursor. In
> order to use the update all records command in director with a
> client-side database what parameters does the cursor need?

    cursor must be

       SERVERSIDE = 2
        READ WRITE = 3

So

     new( xtra "VCursor", GetRef(p_DB.db),query, 2, 3 )

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com