Vserver really slow

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Sep 22 18:48:44 CDT 2004

On 9/22/04 6:11 PM, "Chris Sheffield" <cm_sheffield at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Chris,

Check this point -- usual mistake with Vserver.

*** WHEN you ship to clients, then you must set VerboseLevel
    of log file to ZERO or low value

    and what is the most important, LogToConsole must be FALSE.

> Has anyone ever had a problem with VServer responding
> very slowly?  I've got two cases now where customers
> are saying that this is happening.  We're using VXCMD
> client with Revolution.
>
> In one case, a user has a mixed network environment
> (Mac and PC workstations) running off a Windows 2000
> server.  They say they're PC's are performing great,
> but the Mac workstations are extremely slow when
> logging into my program.  When they enter their
> password to login, it sometimes takes as much as 10 or
> 15 seconds before the password is verified and they're
> able to continue.  In another case, it's a strictly PC
> network (Win XP workstatsion and Win 2003 server), but
> they're having similar problems.

Strange.

Can you self work on side of that clients?

I wonder, if run Vserver from terminal and watch for live output on console,
then what operation it do slowly ?

May be you will find that Vserver try do some operation 3 times ?

May be they have some bad hardware?
Or not correctly configured?

Do you have other MAC users which say that VServer is fast for them?

> I've had them both try restarting their servers, but
> that hasn't made a difference.  Is there something
> else that can be checked to see if VServer is running
> optimally?  Why would PCs work fine, but Macs (OS 9
> and X) on the same network be really slow?  Doesn't
> make sense to me.  If any one has any ideas, I'd be
> grateful.

Actually MacOS 9 is expected to be slower than others.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com