Vserver really slow

Chris Sheffield cm_sheffield at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 22 08:11:53 CDT 2004

Has anyone ever had a problem with VServer responding
very slowly?  I've got two cases now where customers
are saying that this is happening.  We're using VXCMD
client with Revolution.

In one case, a user has a mixed network environment
(Mac and PC workstations) running off a Windows 2000
server.  They say they're PC's are performing great,
but the Mac workstations are extremely slow when
logging into my program.  When they enter their
password to login, it sometimes takes as much as 10 or
15 seconds before the password is verified and they're
able to continue.  In another case, it's a strictly PC
network (Win XP workstatsion and Win 2003 server), but
they're having similar problems.

I've had them both try restarting their servers, but
that hasn't made a difference.  Is there something
else that can be checked to see if VServer is running
optimally?  Why would PCs work fine, but Macs (OS 9
and X) on the same network be really slow?  Doesn't
make sense to me.  If any one has any ideas, I'd be
grateful.

Thanks,

=====
Chris Sheffield