V4RB - vServer Begin again

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Sep 21 07:22:41 CDT 2004

On 9/21/04 1:45 AM, "erne" <ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it> wrote:

Hi Erne,

> reinstalled vServer
> it creates masterDb with this privileges:
>
> -rw-r--r--  1 root  unknown  951296 20 Sep 23:20 master.vdb
>
> run the Single Table example and created new DB
> it has same privileges as Master:
>
> -rw-r--r--  1 root  unknown    62464 20 Sep 23:45 my database1
> -rw-r--r--  1 root  unknown    99328 20 Sep 23:45 my database1.blb
> -rw-r--r--  1 root  unknown   525312 20 Sep 23:45 my database1.dat
> -rw-r--r--  1 root  unknown   197632 20 Sep 23:45 my database1.ind

But what privileges should be on your opinion ?

> opened my database1 with vStudio and added some records
>
> modified the Single Table example to use cursor
> (it was using baseobject methods)
> it works now!

Great!

In fact I believe if you click button Query,
You will get window which uses cursor.

> still, trying to inspect the DB object in debugger crashes the app
> ...please fix this

I will try

> server is still running and that's good... :-)
> (it crashed when trying to access BO methods)

BO methods to modify records are not implemented in this version.

At first we did think NOT to implement them at all,
And use only Cursor API for remote server.

Now we have opinion that for fast Ethernet, BaseObject functions and new 2.0
API should work in client also. So Igor add to protocol this functionality
also.

> so, are BaseObject methods deprecated in vServer?
> (I never use them anymore, so I won't miss them... I ask just for info)

Let's clarify, you talk about VBaseObject.AddRecord ?

Or you talk about BaseObject Methods -- virtual fields?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com