ValentinaServer as a plugin

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Sep 13 16:27:07 CDT 2004

On 9/13/04 4:19 PM, "Eric Ferrer" <wonderfef at noos.fr> wrote:

Hi Eric,

> Hello all,
>
> I've just tried for the second time ValentinaServer and its friend
> V4RB_Client.rbx.
> Both look great, and I really like to take advantage of them right away!
>
> But...
> Is it planned to release ValentinaServer as a plugin for REALbasic ?

This is not possible. Technically.

> I'd really need to give my server application some specific
> functionalites...

But no problems!
>From one side. From other...

What exactly you want to do ?

> To finish, there is something that I don't understand: what's the use of the
> parameter 'CursorLocation' when creating a new cursor?

I think it is described in the ValentinaKernel.pdf

It specify where will be data of cursor, on server computer, or on client
computer.

> All I see is that ClientSide is faster, so what's the point of ServerSide?

IF you will select 100,000 records from million table,
Then Server-side will be faster because it will not send all found records
by network to client computer.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com