[Valentina General] using a method to track a recursive path

Daniel Crowder daniel at monumental-i.com
Fri Sep 10 18:00:05 CDT 2004

Still having a blast working on my first project. One question: I
currently have an infinitely recursive category table that I use to
classify products. Basically it is just a table that has
object_pointers to other fields in the same table. Basic relational
stuff. I currently have the program 'climb' up to the parent from the
child in the application - but I am wondering if I could use a method
to do this for me? (return an array/properylist). I'm not sure how to
approach this but something like:

MYMETHOD =parent's MYMETHOD+','+myRECID

Any suggestions really appreciated!

- Daniel