[VXCMD] Windows

ron barber rbarber at yhb.att.ne.jp
Fri Sep 10 12:22:18 CDT 2004

Hi Ruslan

I know all the excitement is on the beta list right now, but I have a
nagging question about vxcmd and windows. I am using the following
script that works on Mac but fails on WIn to make a simple vdb and
import the data. Going into this there is a cursorRef , dbRef and the
vdb file (it has two varchar fields) has been created.

==========(partial script)
answer file " import what"
     if it is not "" then
       put it into filename
     end if

****** at this point the filename is: "Z:/KGY.txt"

     replace "/" with "\" in filename

****** at this point the filename is: "Z:\KGY.txt

     if CursorRef is not "" then
       get Valentina("Cursor_ImportASCII", CursorRef, filename)
       get Valentina("Cursor_Remove", CursorRef )
       get Valentina("Database_Flush",dbRef)
     end if
========

When the script is run, the vdb is created but it is empty. This means
nothing is being imported and I suspect the filename is incorrect. I
have tried various combinations and nothing works. So, I would
appreciate some help.

I am running Rev 2.5 for win on VirtualPC win xp pro on a Mac OS 10.3.5

Thanks
Ron