[VXCMD] Windows

ron barber rbarber at yhb.att.ne.jp
Fri Sep 10 19:59:27 CDT 2004

Hi Ruslan, Robert

On Sep 10, 2004, at 5:58 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
>> ==========(partial script)
>> answer file " import what"
>>    if it is not "" then
>>      put it into filename
>>    end if

Robert, as you can see, I use the answerfile form here. Is this what
you were refering to? I can open the file in Rev okay.

>> ****** at this point the filename is: "Z:/KGY.txt"
>>
>>    replace "/" with "\" in filename
>>
>> ****** at this point the filename is: "Z:\KGY.txt

For Valentina on Windows, what is the correct form for the filename!?

I have this correct when loading the dll file into Rev now, but I
cannot get the import to work no matter what form I use. Is there
someone using VXCMD on Windows who will send me this little code
snippet?

>>    if CursorRef is not "" then
>>      get Valentina("Cursor_ImportASCII", CursorRef, filename)
>>      get Valentina("Cursor_Remove", CursorRef )
>>      get Valentina("Database_Flush",dbRef)
>>    end if
>> ========
>>
>> I am running Rev 2.5 for win on VirtualPC win xp pro on a Mac OS
>> 10.3.5
>
> I think problem is next:
>
> * do you try to import THE SAME file that on MAC ?
>
> * if yes then this means it have MacOS line-ending, right?

yes, so Val will not import a file in windows if the line ending is a
cr ? It must be a lfcr?

> * use Bbedit or CW or Visual to convert it to Windows line-endings/.
>     I think this must resolve problem.
>
> In Valentina 2.0 to import/export we have add new parameter
>     file format, so we can import/export on Windows file in
>     any format Mac, Dos, Linux

Ruslan I will be glad for 2.0. I may be the only one with this problem
but Val over converts my files and Rev converts the line endings
automatically so I'm never sure what form the file ends up as.

Thanks
Ron