V4MD error -39

jda jda at his.com
Thu Sep 9 08:54:53 CDT 2004

>Aha.
>
>Yes of course.
>If you going to have 100MB database then DO NOT use 2KB segment!
>2KB this is for very small dbs like e.g. prefs
>
>Segment size affect some maximal size of database.
>But for 8-32KB+ that limit is very very high so we even do not consider it.

I've been using a segment size of 2 KB for years, and the databases
have ranged from a few records to 50,000 or more (not sure about db
size, but probably 50-60 MB). There is no noticable problem with
speed, and db corruption (which occurs occasionally) seems to be
independent of db size.

I use 2 KB to keep the size of the db down to a reasonable amount
(it's a commercial/consumer application, and an empty db of 5 MB or
more is not acceptable). I haven't seemed to have hit a limiting
problem so far. What exact problems should I be worried about?

Jon