V4MD error -39

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Sep 9 14:15:59 CDT 2004

On 9/9/04 12:13 PM, "Roland Hildebrandt" <r.hildebrandt at sbt.fr> wrote:

>> On 9/9/04 10:21 AM, "Aldwin Pollefeyt" <realbasic at datalinesolutions.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Ruslan and Roland,

>>> I am just a newbee but I had the same error with Realbasic and I
>>> changed the segmentsize from 16*1024 to 32*1024 :
>>> valbool=db.create(dbfile,1,32*1024) and away was the error
>>>

> Ah interesting !
>
> So maybe the error -39 comes up in some cases depending on the segment size
> chosen when creating the DB and the amount of data in it ?

Actually segment size should not affect -39 error
In any way.

> Is there a way to find out what is the segment size of DB once created ?

I think Valentina Studio can show it

> We often use small segment size 2* 1024 !? are we running into problems when
> databases becomes big or if we use several instances of V4MD XTRA at same
> time ?

Aha.

Yes of course.
If you going to have 100MB database then DO NOT use 2KB segment!
2KB this is for very small dbs like e.g. prefs

Segment size affect some maximal size of database.
But for 8-32KB+ that limit is very very high so we even do not consider it.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com