Importing a dump does nothing.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Sep 3 22:41:41 CDT 2004

On 9/3/04 10:28 PM, "Chuck Neal" <chuck at mediamacros.com> wrote:

> I found a post about that just now.  SO how do I get data from mySQL to my
> DB.

> I tried using the ODBC importer, I tried Studio.  Nothing seems the let
> me read it in.  Studio totally ignores all data sources (none show in the
> list).

The most simple way IMHO to use ASCII text export/import.

MySQL as Valentina allow you specify both field delimiter and record
delimiters.

So use e.g. ÷ æ „ ¬ for this.

All rest must be simple.

> How can I pull a simple DB with structure and data into Valentina so
> its usable in Director?

Nothing as far as I know will not import structure.
You need self make tables.
Jochen promise add this into Vstudio/

Also I remember that Martin Kloss did make Director-based converter from
mySQL to Valentina. I think you can find it on his site or in this list
archive.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com