Automatic Data Entry

Kim Kohen kim at torchpublishing.com.au
Fri Oct 29 23:23:44 CDT 2004

G'day Ruslan

> Right. And Valentina introduce you a NEW PARADIGM RecID fields and
> ObjectPtr. And I believe they are better :-)
> If you don't know why I will explain
€€€€
I'm listening:)

Is the Objectptr  just Valentina's equivalent of a foreign key? Some of
Valentina's terminology makes comparing it to another database quite
confusing.

> But we also have improve object model of Valentina in 2.0.
> We have add not only RecID but also OID field.
> We have add new abstraction LINK into Valentina Database model.
€€€€
Well, it remains to be seen if this will make things easier to understand or
not. Of course the problems with Valentina are exacerbated by the fact I'm
learning RB at the same time - and still trying to update existing FMP
projects, write very complex applescripts for InDesign and updating our
PHP/MySQL based web site at the same time - no wonder my head is spinning.

Cheers

Kim

Kim Kohen
Group Pre-Press and Systems Manager