Automatic Data Entry

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Oct 29 10:04:51 CDT 2004

On 10/28/04 11:38 AM, "Peter De Berdt" <peter.de.berdt at pandora.be> wrote:

>> Let's' think.
>>
>> You have made example only of ONE simple change.
>> * adding of new field.
>>
>> --- YES I think such change we can catch.
>>
>> What about other changes:
>>
>> * remove of field
>
> This should be easy enough to catch
>
>> * rename of field
>
> Very hard to do, I agree, you could use the order in which the
> properties are instantiated (the field order in the database is also
> determined by the order in which you create them using classes).
>
>> * change of type
>> * change of flags
>
> If fieldname is equal, changing type and flags should also be possible,
> no?
>
>> * add of table
>> * remove of table
>> * change table name
>>
> Same remarks as for the fields

Well, I agree.

And I know that 4D have such feature.
But 4D have advantage. They do this in the own IDE.

We need invent way to do this from DIFFERENT program languages to control
engine. I know that 4D use for this ID property of Fields, tables.
In Valentina 2.0 Tables, Links, Fields all have now ID field which always
grow.

So yes we will try this but I think not for 2.0

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com