Linking a VDB to an RB App

Chuck Pelto cbpelto at pcisys.net
Thu Oct 14 13:15:33 CDT 2004

Greetings,

In the tutorial I've worked, the Valentina DB is linked to the windows.

However, if I want the db to be linked to the App, at the App level in
RB, I supposed I should put the property in the App's source code. Is
this correct?

And, if I make it public or protected (to the sub-classes of the app)
I'll be able to reference it from any window in the app, correct?

If so, how would I call it from a window's source code, e.g.,

mDataBase.mPerson.ByteFld.Value = Val(EditField2.Text)

Regards,

Chuck