Speed Issues From CD-ROM

Milan milan at mook.co.uk
Thu Oct 7 14:41:50 CDT 2004

Hi,

I'm using the Valentina Xtra for Director on a CD-ROM to perform searches on
a database of approx. 60mb. Unfortunately, I'm finding the first couple of
searches painfully slow (I assume these first searches access the .dat file
and cache it?).

Is there any way I can speed up the search process, or compress the database
to reduce the wait time?

Milan Hawkins
Mook

a. Tuscany Wharf, 4a Orsman Road, London N1 5QJ
e.  <mailto:milan at mook.co.uk> milan at mook.co.uk
w.  <http://www.mook.co.uk/> www.mook.co.uk
t. 020 7749 2525
f. 020 7749 2526

What's new at Mook?

* Play our new game for the smart forfour at
<http://www.smartlings.timesonline.co.uk/?origin=source>
http://www.smartlings.timesonline.co.uk/?origin=source

* Phil Jones, former vice chairman of EHS Brann, joins Mook as Chairman.

* Major exhibition site launches for the V&A
<http://www.vam.ac.uk/encounters/> http://www.vam.ac.uk/encounters/

* Check out the nominees for the 2004 MTV Video Music Awards at
<http://www.mtv.co.uk/vma> http://www.mtv.co.uk/vma

* Short film 'Flowerbed' featured in 8th international
<http://www.onedotzero.com/> http://www.onedotzero.com festival.

* Mook voted 'Top 10 most respected agency' in New Media Age Top 100.

* Mook named 'Top 30 New Media company' in Televisual magazine industry
survey.