corrupted databases - we need a tool!

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Oct 5 15:40:13 CDT 2004

Hi Jon,

>>>  From what number of erased recordings the problem is it already
>>>  produced? (To part this one)
>>
>> I don't know, just 2-3 times was reported that after deletion at once
>> of many records in table can be prolem
>>

> Ruslan, don't you plan to include a more developer-friendly diagnose
> at some point in 2.x? I mean where we can obtain the results and
> format our own reports to our users?

You mean produce it as string?
Remind about this on beta list

About 2.0 diagnose I can tell, that I have add diagnose for indexes.

> And you've been talking about a repair function for years -- I
> thought that was a planned 2.x feature as well (not necessarily 2.0,
> but 2.x)?

I believe that REAPIR method is a big lie in the DBMS area.

For example mySQL's command FIX do fix only indexes.
Actually they simply rebuild them it seems.

It is very and very often simply not possible to repair in full term of this
word.

Only real protection -- transactions and log files.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com