[off-topic] REVOLUTION IN UKRAINE // Election Perspective?

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Tue Nov 23 10:08:01 CST 2004

At 09:45 23.11.2004, you wrote:
>We all hope that people will win and Ukriane will get democracy at last of
>end.

Hi Ruslan,

yes, that's what the world hopes and I keep my fingers crossed that the
situation remains under control, as the public rightfully protests against
this fraud.

<cnn quote>
The Ukrainian Elections Commission said Prime Minister Viktor Yanukovych had
49.42 percent to Viktor Yushchenko's 46.70 percent, with 99.38 percent of
precincts counted.
Earlier partial results showed Yanukovych less than one percentage point ahead.
But an exit poll, conducted under a Western-funded program, gave Yushchenko
54 percent of the vote to Yanukovych's 43 percent.
</cnn quote>

>I'd really like that all western countries keep eye each our on events in
>Urkaine. Ukraine this is 48 millions people country! And here now we have
>change to get democracy.

I can only speak for Germany, but the election has received great
media coverage over here. It's a big country and the outcome will
be very important for Russia (for Putin to extent his power) and
Europe as well. Let's hope the pressure from the European Parliament,
the NATO (Ukraine wants NATO membership) and the U.N. will
result in a fair investigation of the election process.

Martin.

Martin Kloss

Skype me 24/7: callto://martinkloss

Like the author? Buy the book: