utf-8

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri May 28 15:44:39 CDT 2004

On 5/28/04 2:25 PM, "Daniel Plaenitz" <dp.lists at datenwusel.de> wrote:

Hi Daniel,

> I've come back to valentina (and this list) after some absence and as I see
> the volume here to be rather moderate I hope someone will find the time to
> give me an update to the current state of affairs with regard to valentina
> and utf-8 unicode data.
>
> Background: with director 10 there is a way to "smuggle" unicode texts into
> director. They _have_ to be escaped before imported from an extra or
> whereever and before sent to a flash to display, but using the new
> javascript they can be unescaped and handled.
>
> Now the other day someone asked me if this could be done with unicode data:
> oracle -> valentina -> director -> display in embedded flash.

1) Valentina 2.0 engine work internally in UTF16

2) on input/output it can accept UTF16, UTF8 and any other
from 170 the world encodings and languages.

3) I have ask few days ago Director developers what we can do with Unicode
in Director MX. If you think what we can do, please tell us! (on beta list).

Give us your dream, what syntax you want to use, ok?
Technically Valentina engine CAN work with Unicode.

I do not see problems if we return to Director String which will contain
UTF8. Director of course will not understand it, but if you can send that
string to flash. So let's think and experiment together!

4) Please subscribe to beta list.
    we have not yet upload V4MD 2.0 beta, only V4RB.

2) Valentina-beta

Here must be discussed beta products of Valentina.
On the main Valentina list should be discussed questions related to
RELEASE products.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com