ODBC support in Valentina?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon May 24 01:36:59 CDT 2004

On 5/24/04 1:32 AM, "Phil" <philip at accessitsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> We're wanting to have an abstraction layer between the application we're
> writing and the database. Although at the moment we're wanting to use
> Valentina, unfortunately:
> 1) We may have to support more than one database from the same
> application (eg a client requires us to use Oracle at their site)
> 2) Until the Valentina 2.x engine is released, we are frozen (because of
> features we're waiting for), so we want to get started (and possibly use
> something else).
>
> Mainly for reasons like the above, we're wondering if an ODBC driver
> will be available for Valentina? I heard that there was some mention of
> this in February... is the ODBC driver waiting for the release of the
> 2.x engine?

No, Phil.

ODBC driver is not related to 2.0 release.
This is separate task.

Also today I think more important get in the first turn JDBC driver.

ODBC of course we also want, but I know this is not easy task to develop
good ODBC driver, because ODBC standard have several levels, a lots of API
functions.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com