ODBC support in Valentina?

Phil philip at accessitsoftware.com
Mon May 24 10:32:36 CDT 2004

Hi,
We're wanting to have an abstraction layer between the application we're
writing and the database. Although at the moment we're wanting to use
Valentina, unfortunately:
1) We may have to support more than one database from the same
application (eg a client requires us to use Oracle at their site)
2) Until the Valentina 2.x engine is released, we are frozen (because of
features we're waiting for), so we want to get started (and possibly use
something else).

Mainly for reasons like the above, we're wondering if an ODBC driver
will be available for Valentina? I heard that there was some mention of
this in February... is the ODBC driver waiting for the release of the
2.x engine?

TIA