[VXCMD] installation errors on Revolution

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Thu May 20 09:26:28 CDT 2004

On Thursday, May 20, 2004, at 08:33  AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 5/20/04 6:24 PM, "Mark Brownell" <gizmotron at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Mark,
>
>> I keep getting an error:
>> Type    Function: error in function handler
>> Object    Stack 1023090206
>> Line    get Valentina( "SetDebugLevel", 3)
>> Hint    Valentina
>>
>> Every time I try to open any of the examples I get this same error
>> message. I put the VXCMD_Macho_MC library package on the same root
>> level as the Revolution app and moved the old classic version out of
>> the same folder to the desktop.
>
> Does Rev 2.2 include some version of VXCMD on default ?

yes.

> Which one ?

This: Valentina_Classic, version 1.9.8b4 on the same level as the
Revolution app.

> Why you say that Rev 2.2 have old classic version of VXCMD?

it just does. Deep within the components folder is the global
environment folder that has the database_drivers folder etc..,

The Rev 2.2 download folder has a Valentina.txt doc that sais this:
MacOS	Valentina_Classic
MacOSX	components/global environment/database_drivers/MacOSX/VXCMD_macho
Windows	components/global
environment/database_drivers/Win32/dbvalentina.dll	components/global
environment/database_drivers/Win32/VXCMD.dll

> As far as I know, Rev 2.2 as well as MetaCard in latest versions,
> Have drop support of CARBON and switch to MACHO.
> Right?

I have no idea. All I know is I can't get the examples to run without
hanging up on:
>> get Valentina( "SetDebugLevel", 3)
>
> So yes, you should use VXCMD MACHO.

So I did, but obviously I did something wrong. I've read all the
archives for the valentina-lists and the use-revolution-lists on this
topic and you say that getting the examples to run is a good first
step. Maybe I need to remove everything I can find on my computer that
has to do with valentina and start fresh from the latest downloads?

Is there a basic handler to test why this is not working?