Multiple Ind Files

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Sat May 15 07:18:15 CDT 2004

Hello,

my database setup is to have two files, one for the data and one for
the index. The database also uses my Creator Code, but does not have a
"." file ending. When I click on the index file the application tries
to open this file and says with an error 524 that the database cannot
be opened. Now, two files are created with the ending .ind.ind and
.ind.dat. This would not be so terrible, but one of my users says that
the opening went okay. Only now he cannot import any data into the
database.

My questions to this so far are:
- Is this a bug or an issue?
- I wanted to have the index separate in case the index gets corrupt.
However, now I am thinking on changing to a one file approach. How
often does an index get corrupt?
- Can I tell the application to move the index to another place? Some
of my users get confused by this file?
- Can I simply delete the index when quitting and build it again at
startup?

System + Software:
OS: Mac OS 10.3
RB: 5.5.1