How to put icons on other files (still problem)

chuck hinkle chuckbo at hinkles.us
Fri May 14 06:56:58 CDT 2004

Okay, either I'm blind or too ignorant to see what's wrong. I've used Xray.
When I first create the file, it has parameters:
  Creator - Dash
  Extension - <none>
  Type - Vdsc
  Bound to Valentina Carbon
After I go to Get Info and specify that my program should open it, I see:
  Creator - Dash
  Extension - <none>
  Type - Vdsc
  Bount to Slingshot

If I review the file type and icon in RB, my
 Mac Creator = Dash
 Mac Type = Vdsc
 Extension = .gdb

So is the problem coming from not having a file extension?