V4MD WIN 2.0 b1. Wanted?

Martin Wright martin at kinetix.co.uk
Thu May 13 12:04:17 CDT 2004

Hi

Flash supports unicode, so embedding flash in director is the only way we've
found of displaying unicode in Director.

Martin

On 5/13/04 1:07 PM, "Gregoire William" <wgregoire at paris.mediagerance.com>
wrote:

> in fact i have only ONE question...
>
> i'm REALLY waiting the UNICODE support on Valentina...
> but since Director doesn"t support UNICODE and I don't know what is
> the interest...
>
> else i'm ready to test the UNICODE feature...i have a lot of projects
> on hold because of this :)

Right.

For now we get from Director ANSI string in default system encoding
    (may be we will need add option to see encoding
    different from system)

And we convert strings to UTF16 before send to Valentina.

Director developers, please share info about Director and Unicode to us.
What news?
What promises from Macromedia?
What workarounds?
Any other Xtra can use at least UTF8?