V4MD WIN 2.0 b1. Wanted?

Gregoire William wgregoire at paris.mediagerance.com
Thu May 13 12:17:52 CDT 2004

> For now we get from Director ANSI string in default system encoding
>     (may be we will need add option to see encoding
>     different from system)
> And we convert strings to UTF16 before send to Valentina.

and what about VMD->Director ?

with this way, it's impossible to show Japanese on a French Windows for
example :(

> Director developers, please share info about Director and
> Unicode to us.
> What news?

DMX2004 still lacks UNICODE support

> What promises from Macromedia?

all and nothing, as always...they spend all their times on buggy-Flash

> What workarounds?

use Flash INSIDE Director with XML and Arial Unicode installed
but it's good to SHOW text, not to INPUT them
(it's impossible to dev a Translation Engine for exemple)

> Any other Xtra can use at least UTF8?
> Advices?

WilG