[V4MD] Intermittent setMedia

Scott Runkel srunkel at hypix.com
Wed May 12 23:02:08 CDT 2004

> Avoid REPEAT loops. Even Director documentation says so.

I agree, definitely. But I think most people would expect an operation such as
setMedia() followed immediately by updateRecord() followed immediately by
Flush() to work even inside a repeat loop. This is because each operation should
complete its process before the next step occurs.

> With a timeout object, and your own counter mechanism, you do can a long list
of operations without glitch.

I'll have to move in that direction, at least for writing member.media to
Valentina or vList.

-SR

Scott Runkel
Director of Technology