[V4MD] Intermittent setMedia

Gunnar Swan gunnarswan at PracticeToPass.com
Wed May 12 12:32:28 CDT 2004

>2. The same type of problems occur with vList as occurred with Valentina! These
>are:
>    a. Once in a while when I retrieve the media, the member is blank. No error,
>just a blank #text member. This has happened about 1 of every 250 members with
>Valentina. It's easily fixed by resaving the media. Valentina had about the same
>rate, maybe slightly more.
>
>    b. Once in a while when I retrieve the media, Director crashes. This was
>also happening with Valentina.
>
>My only conclusion currently is that using member.media is a bit fragile if the
>data is not saved exactly right. I think the problems are started during save
>but only show up during retrieval.

If the problem occurs in vList and Valentina, I wonder if this is a Director issue.
Are you using a REPEAT loop? Maybe ... use a timer object with your own counter.

Maybe ... write to the Valentina or vList. Then turn right around and read it, to be sure it is ok.
For heavy text with hyperlinks, we're thinking of moving from Director RTF to INM Impressario PDF.

Best Regards,
Gunnar Swan
Practice To Pass
http://www.PracticeToPass.Com