[V4RB] Valentina 2.0 installation

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue May 11 23:26:22 CDT 2004

On 5/11/04 11:12 PM, "Brendan Murphy" <bmurf at comcast.net> wrote:

>> Stan, Brandan,
>>
>> I wonder if you have read suggestion of Frank (which work in Apple as I
>> know) and my answer: that you will be able provide to your users
>>
>>     SINGLE FILE of application as Package.
>>
>> This is a MODERN WAY of Apple and MAC today.
>>
>> What problems guys ???
>>
>> Yes, this will require A LITTLE more work from YOU as developer.
>
> We all know about packages. I am developing in a cross platform
> environment (OS X and Win32). I need a solution for both.
>
> Building the package requires extra work every time I build the
> application. I don't want my developers to be doing this. I want
> to customize the V4RB plugin once and then drop a plugin in the RB
> folder and go.

This will not work.
Because inside of RB plugin there is no way keep DLLs.
And REALbasic will NOT copy them for you.
You must do that self.

REALbasic must support creation of packages as this do xcode and
CodeWarrior, then you will be able configure your project once and get your
dream. You see?

> You need to step up to the plate and provide a
> solution that is a cross platform solution.

Let's think about this, but again, REALbasic is limitation.
I cannot jump over them. Right?

So press REAL to implement auto-PACKAGES.
It is their task.

> It is way to early to decide  if I am going to purchase licenses
> for 2.0. The code bloat and your response to this issue are not
> encouraging. It appears to me that version 1.10 has taken on a
> value of it's own in comparison to version 2.0 since version's
> 1.10 all in one capability actually becomes a feature compared to
> 2.0.

No problems. I think we will not kill Valentina 1.10
And will keep it on ftp some time for e.g. Classic direction.

> For me, the functionality of version 1.10 satisfies all my needs
> for now and in the foreseeable future. The only question I have
> is, will 1.10 be maintained so that it keeps functioning with new
> releases of RB? I am not asking for new features, but just for
> maintenance releases.

In fact during 4 years we have NO NEED to fix anything.
Each new REALBasic version was able work with older plugins.
Right?

And as I see we do not expect from REALBasic revolution here.
They already have change format of plugins a lots.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com