[V4RB] Valentina 2.0 installation

Brendan Murphy bmurf at comcast.net
Tue May 11 15:12:23 CDT 2004

Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
> Stan, Brandan,
>
> I wonder if you have read suggestion of Frank (which work in Apple as I
> know) and my answer: that you will be able provide to your users
>
>     SINGLE FILE of application as Package.
>
> This is a MODERN WAY of Apple and MAC today.
>
> What problems guys ???
>
> Yes, this will require A LITTLE more work from YOU as developer.

We all know about packages. I am developing in a cross platform
environment (OS X and Win32). I need a solution for both.

Building the package requires extra work every time I build the
application. I don't want my developers to be doing this. I want
to customize the V4RB plugin once and then drop a plugin in the RB
folder and go. You need to step up to the plate and provide a
solution that is a cross platform solution.

It is way to early to decide  if I am going to purchase licenses
for 2.0. The code bloat and your response to this issue are not
encouraging. It appears to me that version 1.10 has taken on a
value of it's own in comparison to version 2.0 since version's
1.10 all in one capability actually becomes a feature compared to
2.0.

For me, the functionality of version 1.10 satisfies all my needs
for now and in the foreseeable future. The only question I have
is, will 1.10 be maintained so that it keeps functioning with new
releases of RB? I am not asking for new features, but just for
maintenance releases.

It is up to you Ruslan if you want to go the extra mile and
provide an end-to-end solution if you want to encourage customers
to upgrade to 2.0. Valentina should serve our application, and not
the other way around.