[V4MD] Intermittent setMedia

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue May 11 22:58:41 CDT 2004

On 5/11/04 10:50 PM, "Scott Runkel" <srunkel at hypix.com> wrote:

>>> Try add into your loop flush after EACH or after each 10th, 50th record.
>>> May be problem in RAM somehow.
>
> That seemed to work! I added flush after each setField() and all of them are
> in there.

Good. Although it must work without Flush also.

May be you have small cache size?
Use 8-20 MB

Also for BLOB you use 128 bytes segment.
It should be close to AVERAGE size of BLOB data.
You have told about PAGE of text. This is 2KB.
Plus you store style info and other.

I think you can easy play with 1-2 KB segment size
To see if it is better (by speed and file size)

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com